FLORIDA BLOCKCHAIN FOUNDATION (FBF)
BUILDING A BRIGHTER FUTURE TOGETHER
Financial institutions, civic governments and entrenched infrastructures use archaic methods to service our societal needs. There’s a better way.
Blockchain technology has disrupted countless industries for the better, opening a new world of possibility to consumers in banking, providing simpler ways to transfer funds, funding new ventures that benefit consumers, and making our communities more transparent. It’s time we leverage this underlying technology for the betterment of society as a whole, unleashing the potential of residents in partnership with government. As a first step, we are introducing the Florida Blockchain Foundation.
THE U.S. CAN LEAD THE WAY, AND WE’VE GOT TO START SOMEWHERE
As the third-most populous state in the U.S., and fourth-largest economy with upwards of $950 billion in GDP, Florida plays an important role in the national conversation. But for too long the state has been known merely for tourism, agriculture and real estate. Isn’t it time it leads in other areas?
Together we can build a brighter future leveraging blockchain technology to help the state of Florida create more efficient financial systems, better manage infrastructure projects, save money for taxpayers, track and optimize the history of all statewide transactions and make our government a national leader in the 21st century.
The Florida economy will benefit tremendously from attracting cryto-entrepreneurs and the exponential-growth companies they create. It stands poised to be a digital hub for the industry of the future, which will create high-paying jobs, increase the tax base and ultimately foster a more equitable economic landscape for all.
Florida Blockchain Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit that will contribute directly to the residents of the Sunshine State. Proceeds from our donations will go towards educational programs teaching programming to under-privileged children, and fund disruptive technologies that leverage blockchain.
We stand for the following core values:
- Legacy currencies are poorly conceived, benefit large institutions with abusive fees and are not inclusive for unbanked people of low socio-economic status.
- Accordingly, we believe that every human has ﬁnancial rights which should not be impeded, but rather be enhanced, by governments, regulators and financial institutions.
- We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people, and therefore their right to keep their savings, or spend their money, anywhere in the world
- We believe in open-sourced societies, and therefore invite developers to work with our underlying protocol to build applications that will enhance our efforts.
- Entrenched institutions are inherently closed environments, that increase the risk of fraud. We stand for total transparency.
- We believe waste, in any form or fashion, is unacceptable. For that reason, we think the State of Florida should operate with the highest levels of efficiency possible.
There are countless potential uses for blockchain across the State.
- Attract growing companies that create jobs, and increase our tax base
- Fund educational initiatives to under-privileged youth in public schools
- Apply for permits online, and track the history of all applications
- Make payments for civic services, such as parking tickets and minor municipal fees
- Crowdfund large civic initiatives, such as public parks or infrastructure initiatives
- Optimize city services and help track allotment of assets in the most efficient ways
- Track and analyze traffic patterns to improve stoplight timing
- Assess car patterns and time-of-day analysis to better facilitate parking spot availability and parking ticket collection
JOIN OUR FOUNDATION
Whether or not you live in Florida, we are all interested in having the benefits of blockchain take hold in the U.S., and ensuring governments are on board as partners in our collective efforts.
Contact us to learn how you can get involved at email@example.com.